Subject: Re: gulus.USherbrooke.ca dropped from the mirror list
From: Simon Valiquette <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:53:18 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Robert Pendell un jour écrivit:
> If they scroll down the list they will see your mirror listed twice.
> They just need to select the second entry.  Don't ask me why but I had
> this happen for my own mirror.

   I got confirmation that It was indeed exactly what happened, and the 
user was able to reproduce It again for a last time this morning.  There 
was a second entry for my mirror, and selecting It worked without any 
problem.  So we are talking exactly about the same issue.

Dave Korn un jour écrivit:
 >>
 >>    Ok, so I suppose that the problem that was reported to me has been
 >> resolved on the Cygwin side in the last 2 days.
 >
 >   Or at your user's end.  Do you think you could get a hold of their
 > /etc/setup/mirrors-lst file?  That would show us what their setup.exe
 > /thought/ was in the mirrors list last time they ran it.

   I got It, and It seems to be normal.  But It is the file version just 
after the user selected the 2nd entry for my mirror, and then after the 
problem disappeared.  So I can't rule out the possibility there was 
inconsistencies in the file for the previous runs.

Christopher Faylor un jour écrivit:
> I'd prefer to just mark this discussion as closed.  It's pretty clear
> that there was a cockpit error here since the OP reported that they were
> on the mirrors list at http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html.  You can't be on
> that list and not be on the list that setup.exe uses.

   Can It be the user fault if there was 2 entries for my mirror, and that 
only the second one worked without a warning?  As reported, setup.exe 
showed 2 entries for my mirror, so technically my mirror was on both lists.

   I've found similar discussions on cygwin-apps, so you can move the 
discussion there if you want.  Personnally, except finding the exact 
Cygwin version used, I think there is little more I can do, and It seems 
to me to be a bug either on the client or with the mechanism that list the 
valid mirrors that found a way to list my mirror twice.

   Whether mirrors-lst showed 2 entries or not at any time is still 
unconfirmed.

Simon Valiquette
http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca

# Do not edit - see warning in http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/sourceware/cygwin/;ftp.planetmirror.com;Australia;Australia
http://www.very-clever.com/download/cygwin/;www.very-clever.com;Europe;Germany
ftp://cygwin.xboxgamersleague.com/cygwin/;cygwin.xboxgamersleague.com;North America;Utah
http://cygwin.xboxgamersleague.com/;cygwin.xboxgamersleague.com;North America;Utah
ftp://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin/;mirrors.xmission.com;North America;Utah
http://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin/;mirrors.xmission.com;North America;Utah
http://mirror.calvin.edu/cygwin/;mirror.calvin.edu;North America;Michigan
ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/cygwin/;ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu;North America;Georgia
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/cygwin/;www.gtlib.gatech.edu;North America;Georgia
ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/cygwin/;ftp.cise.ufl.edu;North America;Florida
http://kambing.ui.edu/cygwin/;kambing.ui.edu;Asia;Indonesia
ftp://mirror.rhsmith.umd.edu/pub/cygwin/;mirror.rhsmith.umd.edu;North America;Maryland
http://mirror.rhsmith.umd.edu/pub/cygwin/;mirror.rhsmith.umd.edu;North America;Maryland
ftp://mirror.cs.vt.edu/pub/cygwin/cygwin/;mirror.cs.vt.edu;North America;Virginia
http://mirror.cs.vt.edu/pub/cygwin/cygwin/;mirror.cs.vt.edu;North America;Virginia
ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/cygwin/;mirror.mcs.anl.gov;North America;Illinois
http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/cygwin/;mirror.mcs.anl.gov;North America;Illinois
ftp://mirror.averse.net/pub/cygwin/;mirror.averse.net;Asia;Singapore
http://mirror.averse.net/cygwin/;mirror.averse.net;Asia;Singapore
ftp://ftp.daum.net/cygwin/;ftp.daum.net;Asia;Korea
http://ftp.daum.net/cygwin/;ftp.daum.net;Asia;Korea
ftp://ftp.epix.net/pub/cygwin/;ftp.epix.net;North America;Pennsylvania
ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/;ftp.esat.net;Europe;Ireland
http://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/;ftp.esat.net;Europe;Ireland
ftp://mirror.nyi.net/cygwin/;mirror.nyi.net;North America;New York
http://mirror.nyi.net/cygwin/;mirror.nyi.net;North America;New York
ftp://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/cygwin/;mirror.internode.on.net;Australia;Australia
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/cygwin/;mirror.internode.on.net;Australia;Australia
ftp://sourceware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/sourceware.org/cygwin/;sourceware.mirrors.tds.net;North America;Wisconsin
http://sourceware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/sourceware.org/cygwin/;sourceware.mirrors.tds.net;North America;Wisconsin
ftp://ftp.twaren.net/Unix/Sourceware/cygwin/;ftp.twaren.net;Asia;Taiwan
http://ftp.twaren.net/Unix/Sourceware/cygwin/;ftp.twaren.net;Asia;Taiwan
ftp://mir.zyrianes.net/cygwin/;mir.zyrianes.net;Europe;France
http://mir.zyrianes.net/cygwin/;mir.zyrianes.net;Europe;France
http://cygwin.cybermirror.org/;cygwin.cybermirror.org;Europe;Germany
ftp://mirrors.dotsrc.org/mirrors/cygwin/;mirrors.dotsrc.org;Europe;Denmark
http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/cygwin/;mirrors.dotsrc.org;Europe;Denmark
http://cygwin.elite-systems.org/;cygwin.elite-systems.org;North America;California
ftp://ftp.fedoramd.org/mirrors/cygwin/;ftp.fedoramd.org;Europe;Moldova
http://repo.fedoramd.org/mirrors/cygwin/;repo.fedoramd.org;Europe;Moldova
ftp://ftp.kr.freebsd.org/pub/cygwin/;ftp.kr.freebsd.org;Asia;Korea
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/;mirrors.kernel.org;North America;Palo Alto
http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/;mirrors.kernel.org;North America;Palo Alto
ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin/;ftp.mirrorservice.org;Europe;UK
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/sourceware.org/pub/cygwin/;www.mirrorservice.org;Europe;UK
ftp://cygwin.osuosl.org/pub/cygwin/;cygwin.osuosl.org;North America;Oregon
http://cygwin.osuosl.org/;cygwin.osuosl.org;North America;Oregon
ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/gnu/cygwin/;gd.tuwien.ac.at;Europe;Austria
ftp://ftp.univie.ac.at/packages/cygwin/;ftp.univie.ac.at;Europe;Austria
http://ftp.univie.ac.at/packages/cygwin/;ftp.univie.ac.at;Europe;Austria
ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/sourceware/cygwin/;mirror.aarnet.edu.au;Australia;Australia
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/sourceware/cygwin/;mirror.aarnet.edu.au;Australia;Australia
ftp://ftp.easynet.be/cygwin/;ftp.easynet.be;Europe;Belgium
http://mirrors.uol.com.br/pub/cygwin/;mirrors.uol.com.br;South America;Brazil
http://cygwin.internet.bs/;cygwin.internet.bs;Asia;Hong Kong
ftp://mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/cygwin.com/;mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca;Canada;Alberta
http://mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/mirror/cygwin.com/;mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca;Canada;Alberta
http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca/pub/appl/cygwin/;gulus.USherbrooke.ca;Canada;Quebec
ftp://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/;mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca;Canada;Ontario
http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/;mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca;Canada;Ontario
ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/cygwin/;mirror.switch.ch;Europe;Switzerland
ftp://sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz/MIRRORS/sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/;sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz;Europe;Czech Republic
ftp://ftp.fit.vutbr.cz/pub/systems/cygwin/;ftp.fit.vutbr.cz;Europe;Czech Republic
http://cygwin.basemirror.de/;cygwin.basemirror.de;Europe;Germany
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/;ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de;Europe;Germany
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/;ftp.gwdg.de;Europe;Germany
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/;ftp.gwdg.de;Europe;Germany
ftp://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/cygwin/;linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de;Europe;Germany
http://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/download/cygwin/;linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de;Europe;Germany
ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/software/windows/cygwin32/;ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de;Europe;Germany
http://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/software/windows/cygwin32/;ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de;Europe;Germany
ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/windows/cygwin/;ftp.uni-kl.de;Europe;Germany
http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/windows/cygwin/;ftp.uni-kl.de;Europe;Germany
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/mirror/cygwin/;ftp.rediris.es;Europe;Spain
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/;ftp.funet.fi;Europe;Finland
http://cygwin.cict.fr/;cygwin.cict.fr;Europe;France
ftp://mirror.cict.fr/cygwin/;mirror.cict.fr;Europe;France
ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/pc/cygwin/;ftp.ntua.gr;Europe;Greece
ftp://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/cygwin/;ftp.cc.uoc.gr;Europe;Greece
http://ftp.cc.uoc.gr/mirrors/cygwin/;ftp.cc.uoc.gr;Europe;Greece
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/cygwin/;ftp.fsn.hu;Europe;Hungary
http://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/cygwin/;ftp.fsn.hu;Europe;Hungary
ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/cygwin/;ftp.heanet.ie;Europe;Ireland
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/cygwin/;ftp.heanet.ie;Europe;Ireland
ftp://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cygwin/;ftp.iitm.ac.in;Asia;India
http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/cygwin/;ftp.iitm.ac.in;Asia;India
ftp://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/cygwin/;ftp.jaist.ac.jp;Asia;Japan
http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/cygwin/;ftp.jaist.ac.jp;Asia;Japan
ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/gnu/gnu-win32/;ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp;Asia;Japan
ftp://ring.nict.go.jp/archives/pc/gnu-win32/;ring.nict.go.jp;Asia;Japan
ftp://ring.astem.or.jp/archives/pc/gnu-win32/;ring.astem.or.jp;Asia;Japan
ftp://ftp.kaist.ac.kr/pub/cygwin/;ftp.kaist.ac.kr;Asia;Korea
ftp://ftp.kreonet.re.kr/OS/cygwin/;ftp.kreonet.re.kr;Asia;Korea
http://mirror.lums.edu.pk/cygwin/;mirror.lums.edu.pk;Asia;Lahore, Pakistan
ftp://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/pub/cygnus/cygwin/;sunsite.icm.edu.pl;Europe;Poland
ftp://ftp.eq.uc.pt/pub/software/pc/prog/cygwin/;ftp.eq.uc.pt;Europe;Portugal
http://ftp.eq.uc.pt/software/pc/prog/cygwin/;ftp.eq.uc.pt;Europe;Portugal
ftp://ftp.chg.ru/pub/sourceware/cygwin/;ftp.chg.ru;Europe;Russia
ftp://ftp.mipt.ru/mirror/cygwin/;ftp.mipt.ru;Europe;Russia
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/lang/cygwin/;ftp.sunet.se;Europe;Sweden
ftp://ftp.ntu.edu.tw/cygwin/;ftp.ntu.edu.tw;Asia;Taiwan
ftp://ftp.cse.yzu.edu.tw/pub/cygwin/;ftp.cse.yzu.edu.tw;Asia;Taiwan
http://ftp.cse.yzu.edu.tw/pub/cygwin/;ftp.cse.yzu.edu.tw;Asia;Taiwan
ftp://ftp.linux.kiev.ua/pub/cygwin/;ftp.linux.kiev.ua;Europe;Ukraine
ftp://ftp.is.co.za/mirrors/cygwin/;ftp.is.co.za;South Africa;South Africa

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/