Subject: gulus.USherbrooke.ca dropped from the mirror list
From: Simon Valiquette <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 01:16:41 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hello,

   I am sending this here, as It seems that there is not any better
mailing list for problems related to mirrors.

   One Cygwin user warned me that when using our mirror, he got a
warning telling him that our mirror is not anymore on the Cygwin
official mirror list.

   Taken from this page (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) I read
the following:

"If you are a mirror site administrator and your site was previously
listed but has dropped off that means that the automatic software has
determined that you are not up-to-date. Your site will be re-added
automatically when you become current. There is no need to contact
anyone about this."

   According to my logs, my Cygwin mirror never has been out of date
(I checked up to the 21st of June) and as been updated since twice a
day without any problems.  So can someone please tell me why my mirror
was dropped, and why It wasn't readded automatically?

   By the way, my mirror is still listed on the official mirror page.

   Also, It would be very useful for all mirror if this script would
automatically email the faulty mirror sysadmin each time a problem
is detected.  That would helps a lot to detect and fix problems soon
after they happens.

Simon Valiquette
http://gulus.USherbrooke.ca

PS: Please cc: to [email-masked], the official
email address for any issue regarding this mirror.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/