Subject: pdksh package: Error when issuing a 'typeset -r' statement
From: "Matthew Pettis" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:20:48 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi Mark (Reed),

Sorry, I get digest forms, and I'm not sure how to respond to them so
this shows up as part of the thread.

I am a bash user for what I do, but need a ksh because I fixing some
scripts for someone who is running on pure ksh.  I'm connecting to a
PC in Europe, and cannot directly ssh to the server from my pc -- only
by opening a Remote Desktop Connection and launching putty from there
do I have access to the actual ksh system.  It's a slow connection, so
I wanted a local ksh emulator with which to test out some of my code
changes fast and easy for well-formedness without having to go over
the connection.

Normally, I do use bash, so this is a bit of a change for me.  I'll
check out and see if Gen-u-wine is available in Cygwin (I don't recall
it being under the 'Shell' grouping of packages).

Thanks for your help and thoughts,
Matt

-- 
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are
broken that we come to repair the world.
-- Murray Waas

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/