Subject: Re Graphics Magic on Vista
From: "Bruce Dobrin" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:55:39 -0700
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I noticed that others had a problem running Graphics Magick (gm.exe) on
Vista but saw no solution in my search of site:cygwin.com.  It appears
to me that (for once) Vista isn't completely fault.  If you do a
cygcheck on gm.exe you will noticed "Error: could not find
cygdpstk-1.dll".  I found this on an older XP machine that had been
upgraded to version 1.5.25 from many previous versions of  cygwin.  Once
I copied this DLL  into the path (  I found it in /usr/X11R6/bin/ ) gm
now seems to work fine.  I don't know what this DLL is or does,  but it
does not appear to be in the currently X11 install.  

So find this Lib somewhere,  copy it into the path and gm.exe will start
working.  No idea if it will bust anything else though

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/