Subject: Re: gcc version 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125) Internal compiler error
From: Cory Cohen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:47:05 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Reporting it to the Cygwin list is the correct place.  Don't bother
> emailing gcc-bugs or any other gcc list, because a) gcc-bugs is mainly
> just for bugzilla-generated traffic and isn't monitored for bugs not
> reported through bugzilla, b) gcc 3.4 has not been closed and
> unmaintained in years; you'd be directed to try 4.3 or 4.2, and c) our
> gcc 3.4 is heavily patched anyway, part of the reason why we don't offer
> 4.x yet.
>   
Thanks!  I was just getting ready to send another message apologizing 
and observing that 3.4.4 != 4.3.3. I had no idea that the cygwin gcc 
port was so old. I just figured that out now while digging for more 
information.  Is there anything else I can do to help then, or should I 
just wait for the 4.x port?

Cory

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/