Subject: Re: performance issue with sshd and cygrunsrv
From: Alfred von Campe <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen David <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:19:19 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

> With regard to this performance problem, I've discovered that this  
> is not just an sshd problem -- scripts/commands I run through cron  
> also exhibit the same behavior.  (ie. find, curl, date, etc).  Is  
> there something about the user context under which these services  
> run that could be causing this?  Or does this point to cygrunsrv?

What does your PATH environment variable look like?  Make sure it  
doesn't contain any network paths.  As soon as I removed them, I got  
much better performance with ssh (I haven't used cron with Cygwin).

Alfred

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/