Subject: Re: Can not log in to recently enabled/configured sshd service
From: Alfred von Campe <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Korn <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:11:47 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Feb 7, 2008, at 9:46, Dave Korn wrote:

>   It all depends where you keep your home directory.  For a home on  
> your local
> HD, that's fine, but if you have home on a network share, you need  
> 'smbntsec',
> since ntsec defaults to only cover local drives for speed.

Yes, our home directories are on network drives (NetApp shares).  I  
am seeing some very strange behavior at the moment with permissions,  
and will need to work with our IT department at some mutually  
convenient time.  This may not happen for a few days, and I'll report  
back with my findings once I've tried various options.

Alfred

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/