Subject: Re: Can not log in to recently enabled/configured sshd service
From: Alfred von Campe <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Korn <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:48:02 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Feb 6, 2008, at 9:55, Dave Korn wrote:

>   How do the perms on /home/av16209/.ssh/* look?  How do they look  
> with
> CYGWIN=smbntsec?

Interesting.  I had CYGWIN set to "binmode tty ntsec" according to  
some instructions I found by googling.  Here are the relevant results:

   bash-3.2$ CYGWIN=ntsec /bin/ls -ld ~/.ssh
   drwxr-xr-x 1 av16209 Domain Users 0 Feb  6 09:28 //solid/av16209/.ssh
   bash-3.2$ CYGWIN=smbntsec /bin/ls -ld ~/.ssh
   drwx------+ 1 av16209 Domain Users 0 Feb  6 09:28 //solid/ 
av16209/.ssh

So it appears that CYGWIN=smbntsec is what I want.  How can I  
reconfigure the sshd service to use that setting?

Alfred

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/