Subject: RE: mkpasswd (264): [5] Access is denied.
From: "roger" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 17:40:51 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I was an early poster on this problem and have not resolved it yet -- just
living with it since it is a single user installation. My guess is that it
has to do with Windows security policies. I am running XP SP1 with the
problem. At work we run WS2003 with no problem. What is your OS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerome Fong [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 15:38
To: [email-masked]
Subject: mkpasswd (264): [5] Access is denied.

I'm get the mkpasswd error now even though I wasn't getting it before. 
I've tried this on several machines now running both XP and Vista 
without much luck.  Therefore it doesn't appear to be a OS problem.

I saw the previous thread that said:

"Nothing Cygwin can do anything about.  The access denied error came
directly from the Windows system call NetUserEnum.  The culprit is on
the server side which returns the user records."

However, I didn't see what I need to change on the Windows system side 
to fix this problem.  My System Admin is willing to make changes, but we 
need to know what needs to change?  Does anyone have any idea?

thanks,

Jerome

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/