Subject: gcc-dw2? or fast sjlj-exceptions EH
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:32:14 +0900
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

This is Tatsuro Matsuoka writing.

There have been some discussions since I uploaded the topic : 
'Slowness problem due to sjlj-exception for Octave'.

In the topic,
Brain wrote

>But by the time you've done all that, you might as well
>just package a separate gcc named "gcc-dw2" or whatever and have them
>both installable in parallel, to please everybody.  This is what Danny
>did with his 4.2 MinGW releases.

Is it really possible "gcc-dw2" ?

I think it is grateful for me to build the fast octave if it will be 
used.

However, I'm afraid that parallel existence of two different GCCs 
confuses the cygwin users.

The best solution, I think, the speed of sjlj-exceptions EH on the 
cygwin is as fast as that of other platforms.

The "gcc-dw2" is the second best solution and it should be treated 
with great care.

I’m not a specialist on the cygwin and am mere one of the daily 
users of the cygwin.  I would like to hear the comments and opinions 
from the cygwin experts.

Sincerely yours,
Tatsuro MATSUOKA

Is there any possibility that the speed of sjlj-exceptions EH will be 
faster than that of present states?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/