Subject: problem with xemacs 21.4.20
From: "Weigert, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Weigert, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 22:44:29 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Up to now I had been using xemacs-21.4.13. That release had a big
advantage over the current release:

When starting xemacs by double clicking the executable it used to start
up without leaving a shell window behind. But 21.4.20 opens up a shell
window and then starts up xemacs from there, leaving the shell window
open, cluttering the desktop and the taskbar. However, this shell window
is not usable, as xemacs is not running in the background there and
cannot be sent to the background. This also happens when using cygstart
to fire up xemacs.

Any suggestions of not having that window around would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks, Th.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/