Subject: Re: Slowness problem due to sjlj-exceptions for Octave
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:06:34 +0900
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Dear Morgan Gangwere
Thnaks for your reply

Perhaps you are confusing. But I think that my writing is obscure. 

In the first mail I wrote the results for cygwin.

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-09/msg00073.html

The results for mingw is as a mere refrence.
I show the result for mingw to show that the slowness from sjlj was 
never occured in mingw.
(The mingw octave binary is prepared under the msys+msys-DTK+GnuWin32)

I like gnuplot on X11 not wgnuplot. So I would like to use Octave on 
cygwin not on mingw nor MSVC (At present MSVC Octave-2.9.13 is 
obtained from source forge net.

I wrote the following in the somewhere in the mail post before.
As a reference I wrote it again.
The gcc-3.4.4 configuration used for Octave 2.9.13 on cygwin building
 /opt/octave-2.9.13/gcc-3.4.4d/bin/gcc -v
Reading specs from /opt/octave-2.9.13/gcc-3.4.4d/lib/gcc/i686-pc-
cygwin/3.4.4/specs
Configured with: /home/gcc_s/gcc-3.4.4-3/gcc-3.4.4-3/configure --
disable-sjlj-exceptions --prefix=/opt/octave-2.9.13/gcc-3.4.4d
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.

On the other hand,
Now the fast X-sever is not Cygwin/X but Xming.
I use Xming as a X for cygwin program that requires X.
So that the altanative idea is the gnuplot X on mingw. 

However this take a lot of time, perhaps I cannot have time to do it.

Tatsuro MATSUOKA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/