Subject: Re: Slowness problem due to sjlj-exceptions for Octave
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:18:07 +0900
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Sorry just error correction again
>James R. Phillips, who is a maintainer of octave 2.1.73. Pherhaps he 
>is not working as a maintainer because he has not been made any 
>respose when I threw a topic of  my testing binary of Octave 2.9.12 
>on cygwin.
>
>John W. Eaton, who is a main develper, seems not to like use 
>undefault complier because octave uses the develop category tools 
>including gcc for the advanced user tool. (Function can be complied 
>to specially named dynamic link library *.oct)
>He is afraid that the specially prepared complier confuses the user.
>
>For this reason, James selected the gcc normally prepared.
>At that time, there was no other way to build octave on windows so 
>that even slow binary is meaningful.       

*************************
Please note that the above is mere my speculation.
*************************

Tatsuro MATSUOKA  

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/