Subject: links
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:33:43 +0900
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I never noticed  .lnk externsion files in my /cygwin directories, but now I
seem to have a lot.   Also there are the links that show up with the 
permission flags and pointer -> as shown below.

I think either a) a test version of setup caused it and it is wrong or
b) it is intentional and alright, or c.) some strange artifact of typing way to fast without thinking about file system effects by me...

lrwxrwxrwx  1 djh Users  19 Jul 16 09:33 /bin/db_hotbackup.exe -> db4.5_hotbackup.exe
-rwxr-x---+ 1 djh Users 343 Jun 30 23:38 /bin/db_load.exe.lnk

lrwxrwxrwx  1 ???????? Users        7 Jun 30 23:35 uniqleaf -> texexec
-rwxr-x---+ 1 djh      Users   975360 Jul  7 03:18 unison-2.13.exe
-rwxr-x---+ 1 djh      Users      145 May 25 10:21 unison.exe.lnk

and 

ls -l /usr/include/*png*
-rw-r--r--+ 1 djh   137 Jun 17 11:05 /usr/include/libpng.lnk
-rw-r--r--+ 1 djh   135 Jun 17 11:05 /usr/include/png.h.lnk
-rw-r--r--+ 1 djh   143 Jun 17 11:05 /usr/include/pngconf.h.lnk

With this when I try to build a program, ie, emacs, it dies saying
it can not find png.h

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Regards

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/