Subject: Re: sshd: public key working, but can't get passwords working
From: Daniel Griscom <[email-masked]>
To: René Berber <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:25:54 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I finally figured it out. When I set up Windows, I was asked for an 
administrative password, and gave one. Then I was asked for a default 
username. I didn't know that by default Windows creates users with no 
password, and that I had to explicitly set the password for each 
user. So, that user had no password, and what I thought was the 
password, wasn't. Add a password, and password authentication works 
with sshd.

Thanks for all the help,
Dan

-- 
Daniel T. Griscom             [email-masked]
Suitable Systems              http://www.suitable.com/
1 Centre Street, Suite 204    (781) 665-0053
Wakefield, MA  01880-2400

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/