Subject: Re: Version mismatch error
From: "Hugh McMaster" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:53:21 +1000
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi Gary,

On 29/06/07, Gary Fritz wrote:
> EAC has a cygwin1.dll in it!!
>
>(Why in blazes didn't the Explorer find it??  If I search only in
Program Files it
>finds the EAC DLL, but if I search all of C: it only finds the one in
\cygwin\bin

The Windows Search Utility defaults to not look in system folders, or
hidden files and folders.  As such, Program Files is one of these
folders.  You need to check the option to search such folders.

> I know the instructions say to delete the others.  But then how do the other
> applications find the One True DLL?

You can add C:\Cygwin\bin and C:\Cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin (if you use
X-windows based systems) to your system PATH, so that all applications
can find the appropriate binaries, libraries, and the like.  The only
problem with this method, is that you need to keep up with the files
that newly installed or updated programmes are using.

Hugh

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/