Subject: SSH Authentication / Impersonation Question
From: "Andrew Hodgson" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:31:38 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi,

We've been using OpenSSH through Cygwin to log into a number of
servers, and it's been great, so thanks. We sometimes have to restart
IIS, usually through a script using pubkey auth. I learned about
impersonation vs. authentication through not being able to use
iisreset - we now use "net stop iisadmin" or "net stop w3svc" to
manipulate these services. I fear that a recent update to a server has
changed something, because now we cannot even execute "net stop
w3svc", receiving a "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied."
message.

Is anyone else having these problems? I'm casting out the net before I
embark on a piece by piece disassembly of the recent updates to the
server!

TIA,

Andrew

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/