Subject: Re: grep and exact matches help..
From: Peter Rehley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:38:49 -0700
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Apr 3, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Kevin Markle wrote:

> In this search I want to get winops only not winops and winops-hq
>
> kmarkle@backup /cygdrive/e/wsus/group_1a_DEV
> $ ls -al | grep winops
> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators ???????? 1079474 Apr  2 19:32 winops- 
> hq_WINDOWSUpdate.log
> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators ????????   18993 Apr  3 13:02 winops- 
> hq_asr.log
> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators ???????? 1242842 Apr  3 06:01  
> winops_WINDOWSUpdate.log
> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators ????????   18580 Apr  3 13:02  
> winops_asr.log
>

Here is one possible solution

ls -1a | grep winops | grep -v winops-hp

or maybe this

ls -1a | sed -e '/winops-hq/d'

Peter

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/