Subject: Re: Libusb-win32-0.1.12.1-1 makes system unusable after reboot.
From: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
To: Ton van Overbeek <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:15:44 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi,

Ton van Overbeek, le Sat 24 Mar 2007 04:06:09 +0100, a écrit :
> I believe I found the cause of the problem.
> When running cygcheck on /usr/lib/libusb/libusb0.sys I get this:
> 
> $ cygcheck /usr/lib/libusb/libusb0.sys
> c:/Cygwin/lib/libusb/libusb0.sys
> Error: could not find usbd.sys <---- !!!!

Well, this happens with the old version too. But in the new version,
libusb0.sys is started differently from the old version, that possibly
makes the windows-provided usbd.sys discovery fail.

> Somehow the Cygwin libusb0.sys must link to usbd.sys with the full path
> i.e. c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbd.sys instead of assuming that
> usbd.sys is located in the same directory as libusb0.sys.

Err, no, usbd.sys is always installed in
c:\windows\system32\drivers\usbd.sys, and that's precisely because
libusb0.sys is not installed there too that the usual discovery fails.

Actually, I'm wondering: instead of trying to make libusb0.sys work
from /usr/lib/libusb/, is it fine (packaging-wise, I mean), in
libusb-install, to just copy it into c:\windows\system32\drivers\ and
then use the usual libusb-win32 filter setup?  That works fine and
actually makes the patch simpler...

Samuel

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/