Subject: [BUG] Git v1.5.0.3: fatal: Unable to write new index file
From: "Stefano Spinucci" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:24:49 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

With Git v1.5.0.3 (binary distributed with cygwin) I encountered the
FAT32 problem described in the Git mailing list thread "Can git be
tweaked to work cross-platform, on FAT32?"
(http://marc.info/?l=git&m=116602583801694&w=2).

Then, the solution proposed was to compile Git with NO_MMAP (message
in the thread above http://marc.info/?l=git&m=116638128627549&w=2).

Some days ago  Git developer Shawn O. Pearce confirmed the needing to
use NO_MMAP, making NO_MMAP=1 default on Cygwin (thread "using the
same repo with different OS  ", message
http://marc.info/?l=git&m=117268638722790&w=2).

Then, I hope the cygwin Git binary 'll be compiled with NO_MMAP;
otherwise, needing to work on a FAT32 fs, I'll have to recompile Git
manually.

thanks in advance

---
Stefano Spinucci

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/