Subject: a better socketpair
From: Nathan Myers <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Nathan Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:39:50 -0800
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi all,

I did my first bit of coding on win32 last month, and was disgusted
to find no socketpair.  Cygwin's socketpair (at least the version I
found) seems to use _pipe underneath, which as I understand it is not
suitable as an argument to select().  So, I wrote my own:

  http://cantrip.org/socketpair.c

which as you may observe is licensed compatibly with cygwin.

Use it if you like, with whatever argument-list changes it needs to 
conform to POSIX.  (Apparently AF_LOCAL/PF_LOCAL, normally passed to 
socketpair, isn't defined in win32, but I presume cygwin can supply 
that.)

I'm not subscribed to this list, so copy to me anything you think
I should see.  I would welcome notes hinting at which release of 
cygwin this gets installed in, if any (e.g. "I put it in today") 
and any problems encountered.

Nathan Myers
[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/