Subject: Re: FW: Re: [[email-masked]: ***MEMORY-ERROR***: emacs[5172]: GSlice: failed
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:10:10 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Larry Hall wrote:

> With DLLs, symbol resolution happens at link time, not runtime.  The only
> way to avoid this fact is to use dllopen (in Cygwin) or LoadLibrary (in
> Win32) and friends.  If glib needs to reference something in Emacs, an
> import library with these symbol resolutions must appear after the reference
> to glib on the link line.  I don't know if that explains why Emacs' memalign
> is not called from glib but it hopefully clarifies the DLL linking issue
> some.

Yes it does thanks for the explanation.  Cygwin has some mechanism that makes
it possible for a program to supply its own malloc/free and friends I think
(malloc_wrapper.cc).  Would it be hard to also handle memalign/valloc and
later posix_memalign in the same fashion?

Would I be correct in assuming that such an addition would make glib call the
Emacs versions?

	Jan D.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/