Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package: fetchmail-6.3.6-1
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:53:51 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

New News:
=== ====
I have updated the version of fetchmail to 6.3.6-1.  The tarballs should
be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.

The only change between this version and the previous one is the
following:

    o update to version 6.3.6

If you are a Cygwin fetchmail user, then please upgrade ASAP because the
previous version has several security vulnerabilities.

Old News:
=== ====
Fetchmail is a remote mail retrieval and forwarding utility intended
for use over on-demand TCP/IP links, like SLIP or PPP connections.
Fetchmail supports every remote-mail protocol currently in use on the
Internet (POP2, POP3, RPOP, APOP, KPOP, all IMAPs, ESMTP ETRN, IPv6,
and IPSEC) for retrieval. Then Fetchmail forwards the mail through SMTP
so you can read it through your favorite mail client.

See the fetchmail home page for more details:

    http://fetchmail.berlios.de/

Please read the README file:

    /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/fetchmail-6.3.6.README

since it covers requirements, installation, known issues, etc.

Standard News:
======== ====
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: [email-masked] .

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=[email-masked]

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html#unsubscribe-simple

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Jason

--
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/