Subject: Re: svn on cygwin related problem.
From: "Luca Cappa" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Frodak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:04:11 -0800
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hello,

I think I spotted a bug which happen on the subversion package provided
for cygwin.
I encountered the following problem while exporting the content of my
Subversion repository.

In the repository, I have a directory T which contains another file called
X.exe and a directory called X. When I export the content of the whole
repository (svn export --force svn://localhost/trunk/PathToDirectoryT),
the follwoing happens:

-the X.exe file gets exported correctly;
-when the the X directory would get exported, svn outputs the following
error: "svn: 'X' exists and is not a directory"

It does not happen if I manually export first the X directory, and then
the X.exe file, like:
svn export --force svn://localhost/trunk/PathToT/X
svn export --force svn://localhost/trunk/PathToT/X.exe

but the error happens if I export the X.exe file before the directory,
i.e.:
svn export --force svn://localhost/trunk/PathToT/X.exe
svn export --force svn://localhost/trunk/PathToT/X
svn: 'Programmer' exists and is not a directory

which is the sequence of operations when the whole repository is exported.
Is this a bug?

I am using Windows XP Professional, NTFS fs in both the server and the
client computers.

A useful link for the confirmation that it is a bug on the
[email-masked] mailing list:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=61651 or
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2007-02/0194.shtml

O.S. : Windows XP SP2, NTFS filesystem

Subversion: svn --version reports "svn, version 1.4.2 (r22196) compiled
Dec  2 2006, 14:28:55"

Cygwin: Subversion package up to date to 31/1/2007.

Greetings,
Luca

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/