Subject: RE: Writing to MVFS (clearcase) volumes from remote ssh
From: "Benedict, Michael" <[email-masked]>
To: "Max Kaehn" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:27:43 -0600
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Sorry for the slow reply.

Larry,
	Yep, tried both key-based and password authentication :(

Max,
	Everything appears the same, like `whoami`.  Do you have a
better tool for  
determining my userid/group memebership, etc.?  I have attached the
environmental differences.  The only thing that stands out to me is the
USERDNSDOMAIN, USERDOMAIN, and USERNAME fields not being present in the
ssh session.  I tried exporting them and nothing seemed to change.  Any
other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
	Thank you,
		Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Kaehn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:22 PM
To: Benedict, Michael
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Writing to MVFS (clearcase) volumes from remote ssh

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 17:31 -0600, Benedict, Michael wrote:
>  Please bear with me, I am not sure if I am on the same page as you.
> 
> 1) I can see the mount.  I can make it my working directory.  I can 
> view files in it.  I can even remove some files from it.  This is all 
> from the remote ssh session.
> 2) I downloaded WinObj, and am trying to use it.  I see no entries in 
> \Sessions\0\DosDevices that link to my Clearcase volume (M:).
> \GLOBAL??\M: is a link to \Device\mvfs on my system.  In Cygwin, m: 
> was mounted on /cygdrive/m.  All my tests are nested deeply in 
> /cygdrive/m... Eg:

You'd see the link in Sessions if you have a view shortcut mounting a
drive letter.  Looks like you're using the MVFS drive, rather than
mapping a drive to a particular view, so that's not an issue.
(If there's a conflict, the drive letters in Sessions override those in
the global namespace.  Each logged in user gets their own session, as
does any service running as a user other than SYSTEM.)

Do you have the same user ID, group membership, etc. when logged in via
ssh as via the console?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/