Subject: Re: Vista how to guide or FAQ?
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:08:57 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Feb  7 11:02, Tim michals wrote:
> I've attempted to go over the entire Vista related postings and inferred
> that current cygwin.dll 1.5.24-2 on Vista has the following issues:
> - Cannot fork another process

You got that wrong.  1.5.24 runs on Vista.

> - Has an issue doing the install

Yes, it's the `install.exe' tool from coreutils.  There's no fix for
that so far.  The right fix would be to add a manifest file for 
install.exe to the coreutils package.

Eric, given that I pasted a matching manifest file in one of my mails
about this Vista "feature"(*), would you mind to create a new coreutils
package which contains this manifest file in /usr/bin alongside with
install.exe?  The problem is that the base-whatever script potentially
fails on Vista otherwise, depending on the UAC settings.  I know how
frustrating this is, but we have no chice, really.

Corinna

(*) http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-12/msg00580.html

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader          cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/