Subject: RE: How to resolve hiccups by patch program?
From: "Dave Korn" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Markus Elfring'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Christopher R. Gabriel'" <[email-masked]>, "'Paul Eggert'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:19:18 -0000
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On 08 January 2007 10:58, Markus Elfring wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I published the file "const4.patch"
> (http://bugs.digium.com/file_download.php?file_id=12617&type=bug) 

> I assume that I am not affected by wrong line endings as it was suggested
> for the topic 'Is "Patch" broken?'. 
> http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2004-04/msg00334.html

  I think you are, since your patch has CRLF line ends.  If you're using
Tortoise, it's probably auto-mangling the line-ends for you.  It likes to be
"helpful" like that, but what you actually tend to end up with is a working
tree that isn't interoperable with cygwin.

  Does running d2u over the rejected hunk fix your problem?  Does generating
the patch by the commandline svn client under cygwin generate a patch in the
correct format for the patch utility under cygwin?

    cheers,
      DaveK
-- 
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/