Subject: Re: msys
From: Bob Rossi <[email-masked]>
To: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:27:19 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 09:19:04AM -0500, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
> Bob Rossi wrote on Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:10 AM:
> > I'd like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to start the msys
> > environment from a cygwin shell? I'm ssh'ing into a windows machine,
> > which gives me a cygwin shell. I've tried a lot of things, and can't
> > get an msys environment.   
> > 
> > Even if I remove every environment variable except for PS1, and then
> > run 'cmd' and then cd to C:\msys\1.0 and the run .\msys.bat, I end up
> > back in cygwin somehow.  
> > 
> > Any suggestions?
> 
> No idea, but this might help:
> http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-usingwithcygwin

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. I've already showed that I
can cross compile from cygwin to mingw. However, I would also like to
build nativly for mingw. I can do this if I'm sitting at my computer,
cuase the msys environment is easy to get. However, when I'm remote,
there is no way I can see to get into an msys environment.

The mingw-users list suggested that I get another version of sshd that's
not related to cygwin. However, i like cygwin's sshd server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/