Subject: Re: GPGME 1.0.3 Build Problem
From: "djh" <[email-masked]>
To: "Marcus Brinkmann" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 10:09:16 +0900
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Marcus,
 
> That can't work.  Makefile.am is the basis for the generated files
> Makefile.in and Makefile, the latter of which is actually used.  These
> files are only automatically generated when in maintainer mode.

Yes, your right. I just read about the GNU build system last night and realized that.  Sorry about my ignorance of the gnu autotools workflow.  I see where the distribution was not in an "autoconfiscated" state when I changed the .am file.

> If you have the development tools installed, you can easily recreate
> these files by running ./autogen.sh in the toplevel directory.
> Otherwise, please let me know and I will send you a patch against
> 1.0.3 or a complete tar ball.
> 
> Thanks,
> Marcus

I could find no no ./autogen.sh  in the toplevel directory.

But, I did try the below:

gpgme-1.0.3 $  aclocal              # aclocal (GNU automake) 1.9.6
--- result:
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

gpgme-1.0.3 $  automake		     # automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
--- result
Makefile.am:42: BUILD_W32_GLIB does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:106: BUILD_W32_GLIB does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:115: HAVE_W32_SYSTEM does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:172: BUILD_W32_GLIB does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
Makefile.am:178: required file `./stpcpy.c' not found
Makefile.am:178: required file `./vasprintf.c' not found
Makefile.am:178: required file `./isascii.c' not found
Makefile.am:178: required file `./funopen.c' not found
Makefile.am:178: required file `./putc_unlocked.c' not found
Makefile.am:178: required file `./memrchr.c' not found
Makefile.am:178: required file `./ttyname_r.c' not found

Fails with $? = 1
--- 

Consequently, a new Makefile.in does not get created.

Thanks,
  Darel Henman

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/