Subject: Re: GPGME 1.0.3 Build Problem
From: "djh" <[email-masked]>
To: "Marcus Brinkmann" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:42:01 +0900
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Marcus,
  thanks for your efforts.

> Anyway, I have changed GPGME in SVN HEAD to not use a non-installed
> library at all.  This should fix the problem as well.  It would be
> good if someone tested out if that is indeed the case.
> 
> Thanks,
> Marcus

 here are the results I get from using everthing in:

  * gpgme-1.0.3.tar.gz
 
with the exceptipn of Makefile.am, which I used the new 1192 revision Makefile.am
which was mv'd to Makefile.am for the following:

Regards,
  Darel Henman

-------------------------------- Results --------------------------------

$ ./configure

# configured as:  (December 4, 2006)
#        GPGME v1.0.3 has been configured as follows:
#        GnuPG path:    /usr/local/bin/gpg
#        GnuPG version: 1.4.5, min. 1.2.2
#
#        GpgSM path:    no
#        GpgSM version: unknown, min. 1.9.6
#
#        GPGME Pthread: yes
#        GPGME Pth:

$ make -k 

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3'
Making all in gpgme
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme'
make  all-am
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme'
Making all in tests
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/tests'
Making all in gpg
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/tests/gpg'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes   -o t-encrypt.exe  t-encrypt.o ../../gpgme/libgpgme.la 
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -o t-encrypt.exe t-encrypt.o  ../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a /usr/lib/libgpg-error.dll.a -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libintl.dll.a /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_destroy':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:62: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_destroy'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_subsystem_init':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:44: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_init'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_enter':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:50: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_lock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_leave':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:56: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_unlock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_read':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:75: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_read'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_write':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:97: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_write'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_waitpid':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:283: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_waitpid'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_select':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:363: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_select'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [t-encrypt.exe] Error 1
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes   -o t-encrypt-sym.exe  t-encrypt-sym.o ../../gpgme/libgpgme.la 
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -o t-encrypt-sym.exe t-encrypt-sym.o  ../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a /usr/lib/libgpg-error.dll.a -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libintl.dll.a /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_destroy':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:62: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_destroy'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_subsystem_init':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:44: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_init'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_enter':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:50: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_lock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_leave':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:56: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_unlock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_read':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:75: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_read'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_write':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:97: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_writ e'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_waitpid':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:283: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_waitpid'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_select':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:363: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_select'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [t-encrypt-sym.exe] Error 1
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes   -o t-encrypt-sign.exe  t-encrypt-sign.o ../../gpgme/libgpgme.la 
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -o t-encrypt-sign.exe t-encrypt-sign.o  ../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a /usr/lib/libgpg-error.dll.a -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libintl.dll.a /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_destroy':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:62: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_destroy'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_subsystem_init':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:44: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_init'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_enter':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:50: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_lock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_leave':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:56: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_unlock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_read':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:75: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_read'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_write':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:97: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_write'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_waitpid':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:283: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_waitpid'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_select':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:363: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_select'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [t-encrypt-sign.exe] Error 1
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes   -o t-sign.exe  t-sign.o ../../gpgme/libgpgme.la 
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -o t-sign.exe t-sign.o  ../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a /usr/lib/libgpg-error.dll.a -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libintl.dll.a /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_destroy':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:62: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_destroy'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_subsystem_init':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:44: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_init'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_enter':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:50: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_lock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-sema.o): In function `_gpgme_sema_cs_leave':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-sema.c:56: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_mutex_unlock'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_read':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:75: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_read'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_write':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:97: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_write'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_waitpid':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:283: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_waitpid'
../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a(posix-io.o): In function `_gpgme_io_select':
/usr/src/gpgme/gpgme-1.0.3/gpgme/posix-io.c:363: undefined reference to `__gpgme_ath_select'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [t-sign.exe] Error 1
.
.  snipped more of the same type repitition for undefined symbols
.
.
make: *** [all] Error 2
-------------------------------- End of Results  --------------------------------

Note: That all of these symbols: are found in libgpgme.a with either a 
      'U' or a 'T'  type.

Example:

$  nm  ../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a  | grep _gpgme_sema_cs_destroy 
   T __gpgme_sema_cs_destroy

$ nm  ../../gpgme/.libs/libgpgme.a  | grep  __gpgme_ath_write
         U __gpgme_ath_write

---- End

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/