Subject: Re: Very sorry, but...
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: Giovanni Maruzzelli <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:59:54 +0100

On Nov 20 15:34, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:
> Dear Corinna,
> 
> maybe the wording of the announce was wrong from my part, because:

Maybe my wording was a bit harsh, but we're rather sensible about
certain third party products which just ignore coexistance with existing
Cygwin installations.

> * - in the CD you can only find a targzipped file that you have to
> untar yourself in your normal Cygwin installation (the LiveCD itself
> is a Knoppix)
> 
> * - the only Cygwin part that I'm distributing with the CD is your
> last setup.exe (the installer that connects to your distribution site
> for instruction on how to install Cygwin), for users that does not
> have a Cygwin installation, and if you prefere I can remove it from
> the CD (also if setup.exe itself checks for new releases of itself on
> your distribution)

No, that's fine.  You'd have to provide the setup.exe sources, though.

> * - I made the announce to the Cygwin developers mailing list because
> I think is a news that can be interesting for Cygwin developers that
> someone has ported, and made it work, Asterisk on Cygwin (first time,
> I think), and also because various part of my channel are coded
> specifically for Cygwin, and some others for win32

The cygwin AT cygwin DOT com mailing list is not a developer's list, but
a user's list.  Either way, we're not keen to have advertisements on any
Cygwin list.  Your mail in conjunction with your web page rather looked
like the sort of stuff which matches my concept of 3PP(*).  Maybe that
put me a bit over the edge.  Sorry about that.

Thanks for clarifying,
Corinna

(*) http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#3PP

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader          cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/