Subject: Re: Where is Gnu compiler itself?
From: "Hugh McMaster" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:21:25 +1100

Hi Glenn,

Make sure that you select GCC from the Development area of the setup
programme.  That should provide you with what you need.

Hope this helps,

Hugh

On 17/11/06, Smith, Glenn wrote:
>I have downloaded the complete Cygwin environment from several of
your mirror sites onto my Windows XP system, but I never seem to get
the Gnu C compiler itself. This manifests itself in two ways: 1)
although /bin ends up full of executables, gcc.exe is never among
them; and 2) no matter what directory I put my "test .c" file in and
make my current directory, the command to compile:
>
> > gcc test.c -o test.exe
> always produces this error message:
> bash: gcc: command not found

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/