Subject: RE: powerpc: Incomplete configure under Cygwin?
From: "Dave Korn" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Tommi Sairo'" <[email-masked]>, "'Jeff Johnston'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:57:32 -0000

On 07 November 2006 12:16, Tommi Sairo wrote:

> Darn, couldn't build bootstrap-gcc either. Still empty dirs under nof, this
> time in form:
> 
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/cygdrive/d/new_gcc/powerpc-eabi/build-gcc/powerpc-eabi/nof/libiberty'
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

  You need to find out why they're empty.  Something must have gone wrong
earlier during a configure stage.  When you do your initial 'configure' at the
top level of gcc, all it does is creates a top-level makefile; when the
top-level make recurses into a new directory for the first time, it runs
configure in that directory.  So I suspect there must be an earlier error
somewhere in the build process, while it was configuring the multilib subdirs.

    cheers,
      DaveK
-- 
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/