Subject: Re: Old favourite: Terminate batch job (Y/N)?
From: "Fergus Daly" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:45:59 -0000

>> .. but if your {commandlist 2} contains unmount commands
>> then it would certainly appear in the bash session
>> as though the mount commands had never happened, since
>> they will have been unmounted by the time you get to do
>> anything in bash.

Exactly right. I thought there was somebody standing behind me all this
time. Creepy.

>> If you change it to "start /wait bash" then you should get the
desired
>> behavior of waiting for the bash process to terminate before
continuing
>> in the batch file.

Thank you very much. I'll use this next.

A second solution offered in the archives is

	.. {as before}
	set CYGWIN=tty
	bash
	.. {as before}

and this certainly seems to work, in that (a) the invitation to
"Terminate .." no longer appears; and (b) the preceding {sequence of
mount instructions} survives in the bash process.

But several persons offering this solution also provide gloomy but not
very specific warnings that it is or can be dangerous, causing other
behaviours to be altered. Again, can anybody comment on this as a
solution? (It is now months and in some cases years since the original
postings.)

Thank you.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/