Subject: FW: ssh and Microsoft compilers
From: "Matthew Woehlke" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Scott Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:49:50 -0700

Hi, Scott,

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE "Posting on the mailing lists not
only gives access to more expertise than any one person can provide, but
also ensures that the questions and answers are archived on the web for
future enlightenment seekers."

Scott Lee wrote:
> I see from http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/msg00634.html
> that we are having the same problem with running MS compilers in
> a password-less ssh session.  Have you found any solution to this?
> In my case using a password is not acceptable because we are
> trying to automate the build to run unattended.

The only potential solution I have seen is
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-08/msg00310.html (read the whole
thread and look up its references; unfortunately there is no single
"summary" link with info on the subauth patch), but I have not tried it
myself. Please keep us updated if it works for you.

> "It's hard to tie your shoes when a cat is watching!"  -- Me

Hmm, mine only rarely give me such problems. For some odd reason,
however, any time a particular friend comes over, they are VERY
interested in *his* shoelaces. Go figure.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/