Subject: gpg hangs when decrypting/verifying signatures
From: Charli Li <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 00:39:00 -0400

Please note that this may or may not have something to do with all of
the newsgroups/mailing lists above in the header.  Cygwin provides the
DLL so gpg can run; enigmail utilizes gpg to do its thing in emails; and
gpg is the backbone of this.

After updating my Thunderbird nightly (2.0b1) for a couple of days,
something went strange with gpg and enigmail.  Thunderbird kept hanging
forever just because it was trying to decrypt/verify a signature by
using a hung gpg process. I know this from looking in Sysinternals
Process Explorer, because there was a gpg process in the tree of
thunderbird.exe.  In order to get away from this problem, I have to kill
gpg one or more times, since it might just pop back up again.

Fortunately, though, I can still sign and encrypt messages, just like
this one.  As mentioned above, this message/thread may have something to
do with all of the above (mail header), so please send any replies to
the newsgroups/mailing lists above.  (Cygwinners, please don't send
email to my *other* email address!)

- --
Charli
- ---
"Sheesh, where'd you get all this stuff?"

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/