Subject: (Re: Look before posting) (Re: Think before replying)
From: [email-masked]
To: News <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:17:26 +0530

Hello Mr. Arun,

I don't think I have asked any "Silly" Question. And it has nothing to do
with my country.

No question is novice enough in the world. All questions are relevant to
people asking thm. Who doesnot
know the answer.

Can you measure as to what is the most apt question to be posted in a
mailing list?  Do you have any
tool which will measure that?

Is it so that you know about cygwin so much that you don't want new people
should learn more about it.?

I still repeat that I want to know how cron job works in cygwin. How do you
add permissions androot permissions
in Cygwin. Its a very valid question and I think its an expert question.
That can be posted by expert Indians
originating from a Three Billion Dollar company like Tata Consultancy
Services, which is a World's Fortune 500
Indian Company.

I know very well how cron job works in Solaris and Linux systems, FYI, I
wanted to know how it works on
cygwin as it requires a root permission and needs some userids to be added
in some files.

Your explanantion has a racist overtone.

You are a shamefull Indian. Your name suggests that you are an Indian. But
are not proud of your roots.

Have you met me before? Do you know me well, before judjing that I am a
Simpleton Brown Skinned Indian
churning out code day and night and taking home a measely pay????????@#$

I am ccing this mail as a protest to people who think that only "expert"
questions should be asked. If that is so
they should have a tool that measures the "noviceness" of the query.

The cygwin mailing list page very clearly states that you can ask all kinds
of questions to the mailing list.
Please do read it carefully, if you think you are an expert in Cygwin and
know cygwin through and through.

For Your Information, None of the people who think they are experts and
have replied with such mails
have been able to answer my query
though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Now or Never, Never Procrastinate)
Sujit Menon
INDIA
(the great country who kicked out the Britishers
out of thier land and the rest had the guts to do it
only after we did it)

                                                                           
             News                                                          
             <news@redbandsyst                                             
             ems.com>                                                   To 
                                       [email-masked]                 
             08/23/2006 03:38                                           cc 
             AM                                                            
                                                                   Subject 
                                       Look before posting                 

                                                                           

                                                                           

Hi Sujit,

Use Google first before posting. I've noticed a lot of posts recently
originating from various
companies in India asking novice like questions whose answers are
readily available on the
internet. Could you help spread the word? Look before posting. For all
Unix commands
like crontab, cron & at use "man <command name>" first.

Later
Arun

[email-masked] wrote (again):
>   Hi CygWinners,
>   I would like to know the syntax of crontab, cron and at commands for
>   its use in task scheduling.
> [snip]

Please read the replies to your first post instead of posting again.

And please lose the obnoxiously long signature and unenforceable
disclaimer. Everything below your name is superfluous, and quoting your
e-mail address is inviting spam (similarly, you should set your 'to' to
display your name instead of your e-mail address).

ForwardSourceID:NT00003052
=====-----=====-----=====
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it may contain 
confidential or privileged information. If you are 
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
review, distribution, printing or copying of the 
information contained in this e-mail message 
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
you have received this communication in error, 
please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and 
immediately and permanently delete the message 
and any attachments. Thank you

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/