Subject: Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:25:10 +0200

On Aug 17 09:59, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> Actually, as Gareth mentioned, *Cygwin* allows colons in file names on
> managed mounts.  So, at the very least there'd be confusion of whether
> c:\\TEMP is a directory TEMP in the root of the C: drive, or a file named
> 'c:\\TEMP' in the current directory on a managed mount...

Since colons are perfectly valid characters on POSIX file systems,
there's no reason to generate a special case for Cygwin.  The problems
generated by using such filenames are identical on all these OSes.

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader          cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/