Subject: Re: How can I create root user?
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 20:57:54 +0300

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:39:29, MORENO CANTADOR, PATRICIA wrote:
>
>     I'm doing a project in which I'm trying to establish a connection
> between a client (Linux) and a server (Windows), in whom I need to
> execute the daemon to connect. For execution of my program I need to be
> root.

This is not Cygwin specific issue (i.e. it is off-topic).

You don't need to be root to run daemons, not on Cygwin and not on
UNIX/Linux. There are some restriction on UNIX/Linux (e.g. use of
privileged ports) which may cause you to run these daemons as root.
There may be reasons to run programs with administrator privileges
on M$Windows, but it is not the same as being root on UNIX.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 GnuPG: 98EA398D <http://www.keyserver.net/>    Better Safe Than Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/