Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: CMake-2.4.3-1
From: "William A. Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:07:11 -0400

CMake 2.4.3-1 is now available on Cygwin mirrors.

There has been a new release of the official cmake (2.4.3-1).
This is a minor release from 2.4.2-1 to 2.4.3-1

Changes in CMake 2.4.3

* fix for 3557 - Under MSVC8 hardcoded TargetEnvironment for MIDL Compiler 

* Fix for Xcode all projects to prevent -fvisibility=hidden flags. This is
needed to make RTTI work by default.

* better prototype for main in try compile of c programs avoids warnings in
logs.

* with visual studio do not use incremental linking for release builds by
default.

* fix bootstrap to use more ansi c main it test compiler

* fix import build settings to do case insensitive match on windows

* fix building in root directory c:/

* Add support for CXX only projects

* Better FindWxWidgets

* Added FindBoose.cmake

* add more fortran file extensions

* Cpack supports multiple packages at the same time

* Fix to FindKDE4 to look for kde4-config first

* Support for env var CMAKE_CONFIG_TYPE in ctest

* Fix for -DVAR=foo on the command line not saving to the cache

* ENH: Added creation of XXX_FIND_COMPONENTS list of all components requested
  withREQUIRED option.  This addresses the feature request in bug#3494.

* Object files get safe names

* progress is now reported with makefiles

* location of CMakeTmp changed to a varible

* CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE cache variable available to turn off color output

* fixes for FindQt4 on mac.

* Better search paths for finding VTK

* Fix relative path problems in ADD_SUBDIRECTORY

* Fix long link commands on UNIX shells

* Fix depend file names in makefiles for generated headers

* CMAKE_ALLOW_LOOSE_LOOP_CONSTRUCTS allows for if/endif without variable

* Xcode multiple custom command problem fixed.

* INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH when true will add the link path to the rpath

* Add target/fast rules in the sub directories

* Fix Visual stuido C and C++ targets to not add /TP and /TC

* print a context when cmake errors occur

* add rxvt-unicode, cygwin, and screen terminal support for color output

* Fix crash in CMakeSetup when status line is long

* make sure try compile files have a newline at the end

* fix for hp itanium build

Changes in CMake 2.4.2

* Run symlink command from correct directory for executable versions

* Fix for universal binaries and Xcode depend problem

* Changes to LIST command, see --help-command LIST

* Fix FindQT to be able to use full paths to source files

* Fix CPack ZIP on windows command line problem

* Find executables with no extension on windows mingw

* Fix FindQt3 to use QTDIR over path

* Significant speedup in try-compile for nmake

* CPack improvments including tar bzip2

* FindQt4 windows path fix

* Sunos cc optimize flags are correct

* Fix crash with ${} empty variable

* Increase depend speed on Mac OS.

* install command CONFIGURATIONS option.

* Fix MSVC60, MSVC70, MSVC71, MSVC80 definitions for IDE builds

* Fix for C++ compiler being used for c code in VS IDE

Changes in CMake 2.4.1

* Several ctest and cpack bug fixes

* Many updates and fixes for FindQt4.cmake

* Fix CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS in CheckCXXSourceCompiles.cmake 

* Handle running make from a symlinked build tree

* Automatic color ouput detection for shells building with make

* Kdevelop generator handles CMakeFiles directory better

* add correct depend information for fluid 

* allow the cache to be saved even if a fatal error occurs

* fix bug in relative path subdir and add_subdirectoy commands

* support in vs for two object files with the same name

* short file names used for library paths in visual studio

* package target only shows up when you have cpack config files

* Use dl and not -ldl for adding in the dynamic library

* Fix check c/cxx source compiles macros to not clobber log files
 
* Fix nmake version detection of cl and create correct pdb files

* Fix msys bootstrap

* Change color output to be more readable

* Fix vs6 library naming

Changes in CMake 2.4.0

* CPack beta

* Visual Studio 2005 win64 support

* Improved install support

* Improved FIND_PROGRAM, FIND_LIBRARY, FIND_PATH, FIND_FILE

* Improved support for finding/using OSX Frameworks

* Multiple output support for custom commands

* Color output in make with vt100 terminals CMAKE_COLOR_MAKFILE

* Better variables for MSVC MSVC80 

* Library path order is preserved

* Fix for text file busy in xcodebuild runs

* Better bundle support on OSX

* ctest -S scripts can run in new process with new environment

* OSX universal binary support

* Watcom support
 
* MinGW and MSYS support

* Visual studio 2005 manifest support

* Better handling of RPATH, no longer put rpath in install tree

* Fix OUTPUT_NAME 

* ctest captures output from vcexpress

* cmake --help-module can give help for cmake modules

* Lots of bug fixes 

See www.cmake.org for more information.

*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=[email-masked]

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html#unsubscribe-simple

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Bill Hoffman 
Cygwin CMake maintainer 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/