Subject: Re: 3.81 and windows paths
From: "John W. Eaton" <[email-masked]>
To: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:14:46 -0400

On 28-Jul-2006, Paul D. Smith wrote:

| Regardless, I still wonder whether my idea of building make for a POSIX
| environment with Cygwin, but setting HAVE_DOS_PATHS explicitly, would
| work.

If this could cause some valid Makefiles to do the wrong thing as cgf
suggests might happen, then can we at least make the behavior
optional, perhaps with a command line option or magic target (maybe
".WINDOWS_FILENAMES:")?  That way, people who don't ask for the
special feature won't be bitten by it.

Thanks,

jwe

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/