Subject: OBJDUMP.EXE fails to start
From: Ken Sheldon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:55:09 -0500

>From a fresh, new cygwin installation, OBJDUMP.EXE exhibits an
intermittent failure.  It terminates prematurely.  There is no stack
dump.  Under GDB, the program runs normally.

This problem occurs with cygwin 1.5.20-1.  The previous version,
1.5.19-4, does not exhibit this behavior.

cygcheck.out is attached.

Example:

ken@tss-w2k ~
$ objdump -v

ken@tss-w2k ~
$ objdump -v

ken@tss-w2k ~
$ objdump -v
GNU objdump 2.17.50 20060709
Copyright 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms
of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.

ken@tss-w2k ~
$

We are seeing a similar behavior with an opengl C++ app.  The program
terminates before running the first printf() at the top of main().
There is no stack dump.  Under GDB, the program terminates with a SEGV
before entering main().

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/