Subject: RE: Problem with gcc
From: Guenther Sohler <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Korn <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:02:24 +0200 (CEST)

Hallo Dave,

thank you for your answer.

I already tried so, but I was not able to see the problem from the output.

it is:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/specs
Configured with: /gcc/gcc-3.3.3-3/configure --verbose --prefix=/usr --exec-prefi
x=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/s
hare/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,d,f77,java,objc,
pascal --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-libgcj --with-system-zli
b --enable-interpreter --enable-threads=posix --enable-java-gc=boehm --enable-sj
lj-exceptions --disable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-win32-registry
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3.3 (cygwin special)
 /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/cc1.exe -quiet -v -D__GNUC__=3 -D__GNUC_M
INOR__=3 -D__GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__=3 -D__CYGWIN32__ -D__CYGWIN__ -Dunix -D__unix__ -
D__unix -idirafter /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../include/w32
api -idirafter /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/
lib/../../include/w32api a.c -quiet -dumpbase a.c -auxbase a -version -o /cygdri
ve/c/DOCUME~1/GSOHLE~1.NEW/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccRYVfwP.s

Documentation says, that -### does the same like -v but doesnt execute.
-### displays even one more line, but obviously it does not create any output.

So it seems, the last command noted does not work correctly, but no idea why

>> How can I proceed ?
> 
> 
>   Add "-v" to the command-line, and you'll see what's going on in terms of
> the

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. 

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
 
www.wipro.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/