Subject: Re: dtoa.c fails to compile for sh-elf -m2e (Was: Re: strtod (and atof) on hex numbers)
From: [email-masked]
To: Jeff Johnston <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:02:15 -0400

Quoting Jeff Johnston <[email-masked]>:

> Joern Rennecke wrote:
> > You change to mprec.h broke dtoa.c compilation for sh2e:
> >
>
> Please try the attached patch and let me know if it sovles the problem.

Yes, it allows dtoa.c to compile.  However, the build now fails a bit
later on strtod:

/swbuild/nightly/2006-06-24/sh-elf-mprec/./gcc/xgcc
-B/swbuild/nightly/2006-06-24/sh-elf-mprec/./gcc/ -nostdinc
-B/swbuild/nightly/2006-06-24/sh-elf-mprec/sh-elf/newlib/ -isystem
/swbuild/nightly/2006-06-24/sh-elf-mprec/sh-elf/newlib/targ-include -isystem
/swbuild/nightly/2006-06-24/srcw/newlib/libc/include -B/usr/local/sh-elf/bin/
-B/usr/local/sh-elf/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/sh-elf/include -isystem
/usr/local/sh-elf/sys-include -L/swbuild/nightly/2006-06-24/sh-elf-mprec/./ld
-DPACKAGE_NAME=\"newlib\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"newlib\"
-DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.14.0\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"newlib\ 1.14.0\"
-DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\"  -I. -I../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib -O2
-fno-builtin      -O2 -g -O2   -m2e -c -o lib_a-strtod.o `test -f 'strtod.c' ||
echo '../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/'`strtod.c
../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c: In function ULtod:
../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c:154: error: _1 undeclared
(first use in this function)
../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c:154: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c:154: error: for each function
it appears in.)
../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c:155: error: _0 undeclared
(first use in this function)
../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c: In function _strtod_r:
../../../../../../srcw/newlib/libc/stdlib/strtod.c:439: error: Flt_Rounds
undeclared (first use in this function)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/