Subject: PCYMTNQREAIYR (was: window resizing not updating COLUMNS and LINES)
From: "Valster Nico-anv009" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "mwoehlke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:47:31 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Igor Peshansky 
> Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:42 PM
> To: Valster Nico-anv009
> Cc: mwoehlke; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: Re: window resizing not updating COLUMNS and LINES
> 
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Valster Nico-anv009 wrote:
> 
> 
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.
> 

I got above reply, which leads to:
Please Configure Your Mailer To Not Quote Raw E-mail Addresses In Your
Replies. Some mailers include the raw e-mail address in the "Joe
<[email-masked]> wrote:" line. The web archives for the mailing lists
are publicly available. Let's not feed the spam harvesters! (Some people
express doubt that munging addresses actually works, but a spam report
from CDT.org shows that spam harvesters often don't bother decoding even
the simplest anti-spam measures such as replacing "@" with "AT" and "."
with "DOT").
Of course, there may be other raw e-mail addresses in messages, e.g., in
signatures, but that's the choice of the person sending the message

I would happily follow the suggestion, but the MS Outlook help, directs
me to Tools/Options/Preferences/Email options.
I do not see anything there that selectively manipulates quoted
addresses. Is the idea that I manually remove the address from the
quote. Not that I mind, but it seems prone to being forgotten once in a
while

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/