Subject: Re: [Patch] EPS import for XFig
From: Franz Haeuslschmid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 15:56:41 +0200

Franz Haeuslschmid writes:

> there is a problem with XFig as soon as more than one EPS should
> be imported as figure object.  It seems that only those users are
> affected, that use a temporary directory on a NTFS partition.
> The problem has been addressed earlier:
>
>   <URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.xfree/14757>
>
>   <URL:http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/40818>
>
> and finally
>
>   <URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/69899>

It has been some time since I suggested the patch below.  In the
discussions mentioned above, I describe how I managed to get the
EPS import feature in XFig working correctly with Cygwin.

Sporadicly, I receive e-mail from people that encounter the same
problem, do a search on the web for it and find the articles
above.  By that way, I can see, that the patch is still waiting
to be applied.  This message is just a little remainder to the
Cygwin people with power to integrate the patch and save future
generations of XFig on Cygwin users from headaches, when they
want to import EPS files.

Regards,
Franz.

> 2005-10-05  Franz Haeuslschmid  <[email-masked]>
>
> 	* f_readeps.c (bitmap_from_gs): Ensures that all FILE objects
> 	referring to the temporary bitmap preview are closed before the
> 	preview file is unlinked.
>
> --- f_readeps.c.orig	2005-10-05 11:17:05.985950000 +0200
> +++ f_readeps.c	2005-10-05 11:19:29.095325000 +0200
> @@ -407,6 +407,7 @@ Boolean
>          ht = pic->pic_cache->size_y;
>          pcxfile = open_picfile(pixnam, &filtyp, PIPEOK, tmpfile);
>          status = _read_pcx(pcxfile, pic);
> +        fclose(pcxfile);
>          /* restore width/height */
>          pic->pic_cache->size_x = wid;
>          pic->pic_cache->size_y = ht;

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/