Subject: RE: Increasing Available Memory for Cygwin Run Programs in XP
From: Danny Smith <[email-masked]>
To: "'brad.'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:23:30 +1200

> I am trying to run a numerical simulation that requires a large amount
> of RAM in the cygwin environment running on a Pentium 4 with Windows
> XP and 3GB RAM. I have so far learned that Windows XP (and other
> Windows versions) allot only 2GB RAM for user program space. I have
> verified this with a small program I developed that allocates the
> maximum available memory to 4 bytes.
> In Windows when I run this program I am able to allocate a total of
> 1.94GB of memory, 
> 

Look at "--large-address-aware" option in ld.info.

Danny

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/