Subject: RE: Geomview & Cygwin setup
From: "Dave Korn" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Lloyd Wood'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Chris Elliott'" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:01:56 +0100

On 28 April 2006 15:45, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> At Friday 2006-04-28 15:11 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> perhaps we can answer some questions
>> for you about the recent changes to d_ino under cygwin?
> 
> So, something has changed after all?

  If you don't read *carefully* and with attention to detail, you're not going
to get anywhere.  Your question is a straw man: nobody has claimed that
nothing has changed anywhere in the universe.  Please try and remember YOUR
OWN words:

>I suspect something has changed affecting the CYGWIN test in glob.c

  I pointed out that nothing has changed affecting the cygwin test in glob.c;
it is a total invention on your part to suppose that is the same as claiming
nothing else has changed elsewhere.  Don't go attempting to put words in my
mouth because it won't wash.

> Perhaps you could just point me at a document detailing those changes
> to d_ino that you mention?

  No, because no such document exists.  It has been discussed at great length
over the past couple of months on the cygwin mailing list.  You are at a
university and presumably are familiar with the concept of "research", and
"googling for information", aren't you?  

    cheers,
      DaveK
-- 
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/