Subject: Re: Error on /bin/sh -login: "cannot remove /bin/sh.exe: Permission denied"
From: Webb Roberts <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:00:22 -0400

> I will also try to clean up the profile script to short-circuit when you
> are running /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash 

One thing you might do is to have the /etc/profile.d sh-update-script 
delete itself once it's run satisfactorily.

I guess what got me on this was that there was a zombie /bin/sh process 
running during the cygwin update.  It might have been a little less 
nerve-wracking if there had been a visible message during the 
postinstall, instead of picking it up during the login.

Thanks,
Webb

-- 
Webb Roberts ([email-masked])
Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute
Atlanta, GA  (404)407-6181

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/