Subject: Re: csh and/or GNU make bug
From: gustav <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

> First a question: Can you really reproduce this problem?  I'm
  > asking because some people have peported hangs while building
  > OpenOffice.org (cygwin's tcsh is used as part of the build
  > environment).  and if you remove the -f this "cures" or reduces
  > the number of hangs.

Ah, so I'm not alone. Well, it happens on my machine and under my
current environment consistently. And, to clarify the matters, it
happens on the very simple GNUmakefile I demonstrated in my previous
message. But others failed to reproduce it---with the same versions
of make, tcsh and cygwin. 

What else it may depend on? Perhaps applied Windows patches and
Windows version? Mine is:

   Windows XP Professional Ver 5.1 Build 2600 Version 2002 
   Service Pack 2

But there are millions of additional fixes and patches that are
not covered by the above. 

Cheers,

==
 Zdzislaw (Gustav) Meglicki, Office of the Vice President for Information
 Technology, Indiana University, 601 E. Kirkwood Ave., Room 116, 
 Bloomington, IN 47405-1223, USA, http://beige.ucs.indiana.edu/gustav,
 ph: 812-856-5597 (o), 812-345-3284 (m), fax: 812-855-3310/812-856-3147

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/